The practical guide to SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Did you know that out of 10 online experiences on the Internet, more than 9 of them started with a search engine like Google? It is therefore essential to put in place a specific digital strategy in order to increase the visibility of a site. It happens through SEO. What is it about ?
SEO stands for “Search Engine Optimization” or search engine optimization. This term refers to all the techniques to be implemented in order to optimize your website at different levels: it should be easy to understand and read by search engines.
Optimized this way, your website is more likely to appear in search results for specific keywords. These should correspond not only to the products and services you offer, but also to the content of your pages.
In the jargon, it is also a question of “natural referencing”, a method which will boost the visibility of your site. Implicitly, your brand, your products, your services, your business will be more visible, without you having to spend on advertising or media.
SEO and Google’s algorithms
SEO is therefore about optimizing your website so that it appears among the first results on Google. This is possible thanks to the intervention of Google robots. These work with well-crafted algorithms.
Daily, these robots analyze all the pages available on the Web. It is a question of “crawl time”. This is the time frame during which your website is going to be screened. The analysis of the pages will determine the quality of the SEO. The pages thus “checked” will be indexed and then classified.
Each time a user enters a request, Google defines the ranking of sites taking into account their relevance and quality. This is therefore done via very advanced algorithms.
SEO will allow website owners to develop their content according to criteria taken into account by algorithms.
How to optimize the ranking of a website?
There are many SEO techniques to implement to optimize the natural referencing of a website:
- Site performance : it is about the loading speed of your pages, the faster it is, the more Google robots will be able to analyze as many as possible;
- On-page SEO : these are all the optimizations on the pages of your website. This technique is concerned with the architecture of your pages and the user experience;
- Content : your content must be optimized so as to respect a certain guideline, not only in the content itself, but also the lexical field and the objective of the texts;
- Netlinking : This corresponds to the exchange of links from and to your site. Google is especially interested in backlinks or links that point to your pages, favoring sites with good notoriety;
- Security : these are all actions taken to ensure the protection of site visitors. Google prioritizes in particular the sites operating with the HTTPS protocol;
- Mobile experience : today, more and more Internet users surf via a mobile device, the pages of your site must be able to adapt for an optimal display on these supports. / li>
You might also like:
Did you know that out of 10 online experiences on the Internet, more than 9 of them started with a search engine like Google? It